The songbook contains all lyrics and chords for the sing-along songs and solos.
All songs are APRA/AMCOS approved but you will need to contact APRA AMCOS, or the equivalent licensing authority in your country, to apply for the rights to for the songs for your season. Cost in Australia is approx. $272 per season.
The songs are all popular songs from past and present, and which reflect Karla’s journey and level of expertise on the ukulele.
Four are solos for the actors and 12 are sing-along songs that the audience joins in.
Like all ukulele players, Karla’s learning is not linear.
Sometimes she tries something easy and sometimes she tries something just because she likes the song – or the teacher.
Most of the songs are pretty easy, but if it’s too hard, she and the audience can just play the Z chord – muting the strings and strumming.
*With registered Volunteer Performers on stage with Karla
1. Lime in the Coconut (Harry Nilsson) – Tiny Tom and Karla and audience
2. Chain of Fools (Donald Covay) – Uncle Scraggy, Karla and audience
3. Mr Sandman (F. D. Ballard) – Luke, Karla and audience
4. I Still Miss Someone – Wade
5. It’s So Easy (B. Holly and N. Petty) – Baba Bill, Karla and Audience
6. Step Back (S. Wright and G. Young) – Uncle Scraggy and audience
7. *Cabaret – (J. Kander and F. Ebb) – Luke and audience
8. *Happy Together – (A. Gordon and G. Bonner) – Jeremy, Joel, Karla, NUTS and audience*
9. Do You Ever Think of Me – Wade
10. Love Me Do (P. McCartney and J. Lennon) – Karla, NUTS and audience
11. Maybe This Time (Kander and Ebb) – Karla
12. Count on Me (B. Mars, P. Lawrence and A. Levine) – Luke and audience
13. If No One Ever Marries Me – Karla
14. You’re No Good (Clint Ballard Junior) Ruth, GRUBS and audience
15. Love is in the Air (J. Vandenberg and G. Young) Maestro, Karla and audience
16. The Kooky Ukey Song (J. Cafarella) – Karla and audience
17. Dance Me To the End of Love (L. Cohen) – Maestro, Karla and audience
18. Cabaret Reprise